The Home Finding Process
The following questions will help identify how finding and buying a home can be an enjoyable experience for you.
- What is your timeframe?
- Who will be included in the homefinding and buying decisions?
- Thinking of previous homefinding experiences, what were the most positive features of those experiences?
- Were there any unpleasant features of your previous homefinding experiences that you hope to avoid this time?
- What are your expectations of me as your real estate professional?
- What specific services and support do you expect?
Defining Your Ideal Home
The property you buy will be much more than a house; it will be your home. The following questions will help us find your ideal home.
- How many people will be living in your household?
- What would you consider a comfortable commute?
- What are the most important activities for the members of your household?
- What is something you disliked about the house or area where you lived previously?
- What are one or more features you liked most about homes you’ve lived in previously?
- What is the most “must have” features of your ideal home and neighborhood?
Your Single Source for Property Information
We have access to virtually every property for sale in this market, regardless of whether or not it is being offered by a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices real estate sales professional, and will show you the homes that best match your requirements including.
- All homes marketed by our network members
- All properties listed by other brokers through the Multiple Listing Services (MLS)
- Properties not on the open market yet
- Many properties offered by “For Sale by Owner”
- Properties advertised in newspapers or buyers’ guide
- Properties advertised on the Internet
- Open houses
- Properties displaying “For Sale” signs
How to Look at Homes
Discovering the right home should be an exciting event. As Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices RPA Realty sales professionals, our commitment is to make your home search as stress-free as possible.
- Identifying up-front what is affordable
- We will select only those properties that most closely meet your unique needs and interests
- We will schedule a time to look at homes and neighborhoods
- If the seller or their real estate professional is at the property when we are there, it would be best for you to limit your conversation with them
- You can use the Homefinding Worksheets We give you to evaluate each property
- To help me find the right home for you, We will ask you to tell me your thoughts about each property you see – the positives and negatives
- We will continue to assess your needs and buying criteria
Submitting An Offer
Once you have found the right property, the next step is to make the offer to the seller.
- Determine the price you want to offer
- Decide on financing
- Decide on other issues that are important to you such as:
- Items of personal property you want to be included
- Home Service Plan, inspections, repairs, lien search, etc.
- Closing date and possession
- We will present your offer and negotiate with the seller through their sales professional for your best interests
- Once you have reached an agreement with the seller, you will have a firm contract to purchase the home
Completing Your Home Purchase
It can take 15-90 days to complete all the steps involved in a home sale, depending on the complexity of the transactions. We will work closely with everyone involved in the transaction to help ensure that it moves ahead as smoothly as possible.
- Explain to you in detail all the steps that will occur and answer your questions
- Work with the seller’s broker to see that they fulfill their responsibilities under the contract
- Stay in touch with the settlement officer, title officer, lender and others to help coordinate their activities and to help keep the transaction moving forward
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible